April 19, 2015

Litchfield Birds

Litchfield Birds - 11 x 14" - Watercolor on Canvas by Tracy Feldman
Boy, it's been a long time since I've posted on this blog.  I've been  working on a big commission and redesigning my art website.  The latter has turned out to be much more complicated than I thought it would be. But I realized I missed blogging, and posting things on my DailyPaintworks site, so I have been working on small pieces to post here and there.

This painting was inspired by our March trip to the Litchfield Beach Resort in South Carolina.  Not only did we have a place overlooking the ocean, but the resort grounds were beautiful and filled with wildlife.  On one of our evening walks we ran across this pelican and Snowy Egret taking in the evening sun.  For compositional reasons, I added a Great Egret landing on the lawn behind the pelican.  As in the past, I'm  going to post it on the DailyPaintworks Website on Auction.  I'm going to start the bidding at $50, and if no one buys it at auction, I'll raise it to its normal price ($150) and put it in the Small Works gallery on my new website.  Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.