June 6, 2014

It's Your Close-up, Peony

It's Your Close-up, Peony, acrylic on canvas,  8 x 10", by Tracy Feldman
     This little painting is a close up of one of my favorite late-spring flowers: a peony.  It's not one of the ones from our yard. We are traveling on our annual "great midwestern trek" to visit our families, and once again our peonies are blooming without us.  My husband photographed this beauty at Ann Arbor, Michigan's Arboretum.   He used one of the new toys for his camera: an extension tube.  It allows you to focus much more closely on objects than you can with a standard lens.

       I love how viewing objects from very close can give them a more abstract quality.   I also love the intense hues of this lovely peony.  I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I enjoyed painting it.

    As with all the small paintings on this blog, if you are interested in buying It's Your Close-up, Peony, you can bid on him on my Daily Paintwork's gallery and auction site, or buy him directly on the site.  I hope you enjoy and would welcome any comments.

Peony Garden, Ann Arbor Arboretum, Ann Arbor, Michigan (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.