June 26, 2014

The Grill King

The Grill King, acrylic on canvas, 10 x 8"
 by Tracy Feldman
We recently got back from visiting family in Michigan.  On one stop on our journey, we visited northern Michigan to spend time with my sister and her husband.  While there, we had a number of lovely meals grilled by my brother-in-law.  My husband sometimes kept him company while he grilled, and snapped a great photo of him making one of those great meals.

 I loved the contrast of darks and lights and the cools and warms in Arny's photo. So I decided to paint it. My brother-in-law is a great cook inside, as well as on a grill.  But for me this little painting captures the pleasure and pride that so many guys have when they can go outside and cook over an open fire -- even those who might never cook inside in the kitchen.  That is why I titled this work The Grill King.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed the chicken he was grilling.


As usual, I'm posting this little painting for sale on my Daily Paintworks gallery and auction site.  Check it out there if you might be interested in this piece. I'd love to hear your thoughts, too.

1 comment:

  1. You've captured the grill king beautifully Tracy! I can just smell the ribs!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.