June 30, 2014

Toys in Farmland

Toys in Farmland 1, acrylic on canvas, 10 x 8",
by Tracy Feldman
Last weekend, one of our local towns held its annual Garden Show -- where local people open their gardens to be toured.  It raises money for their historical association.  We attended it, and discovered that one of the participants not only had lovely plants on display, but a wonderful collection of children's pedal tractors that he bought and lovingly restored. With the magic of paint, I slightly relocated this Massey Harris pedal tractor in front of the distant Amish farm because I loved the composition it made and the way the red of the tractor sang against the beautifully tended lawn of its owner.

I haven't decided if I'll make this part of a series.  What do you think?  Hope you enjoy.

As usual, I have put this little work up for auction in my Daily Paintworks Gallery.  Check it (and the other works for sale) there if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.