February 7, 2016

Cranberry Cordial 1

Cranberry Cordial 1, Oil on Canvas, 10 x 8",
by Tracy Feldman
This little painting is largely about memories. The tablecloth used is one we got on our first trip to Europe 30 years ago. 

We were visiting Burano, Italy and loved the lace/cut work table cloths they made. The glasses are antique "thistle"-style cordial glasses that an old family friend got to help commemorate our having spent a year in England.

 I added the cranberries because the color and the shape of the berries seemed like they would complete the composition.  I'll probably paint another version of this tomorrow because I think zooming out would add something to the work.

I am putting this on up for auction in my Daily Paintworks gallery.  Check it out if you are interested in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.