February 4, 2016

Nested Pear

Nested Pear, 10 x 8", Oil on Canvas by Tracy Feldman
This painting is the second in my series of pear paintings.  I realized that I wanted to do a piece where I featured just one piece of fruit.

Because I worried that it would look odd just sitting there on its own, I wrapped it in a nest of white tissue paper to create the impression it was a gift that had just removed from a carefully-packed fruit box.  It was fun playing been with the rounded shape of the pear and sharper angles created by the crinkled up tissue paper.

As usual, I'm selling this small piece at auction in my on-line gallery on dailypaintworks.com.  Check it out!
Cranberry Cordial

______

Go to my Facebook Page to see the watercolor sketch I also completed today.  It is called Cranberry Cordial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.