February 9, 2016

The Best Laid Plans

Guest Room on a Snowy Day, watercolor on drawing paper, 8 x 10."
by Tracy Feldman
It's funny how things work out sometimes.  Today I opened the door to our guest room and saw such a beautiful snowy scene out the window that I had to paint it right then. 

 Unfortunately, I started with the bed area first and part way through realized that almost none of the view out the window would fit on the page. 
The view that inspired today's work.

 I still like the piece, but I took a photo of what inspired me, so you don't totally miss out on what inspire me.  
I am thinking about painting a small oil of my guest room and putting it up for sale in my dailypaintworks.com gallery.  I think the texture would add another dimension to the work, and  I don't like how the whites of the sheets turned out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.