February 3, 2016

Winter Pears on Silvered Platter

Winter Pears on Silvered Platter,  10 x 8", Oil on Canvas
 by Tracy Feldman
I have been experiencing a block when it comes to doing what I need for my art.  So to inspire me, I am reading Carol Marine's book "Daily Painting".   She advocates that people paint small and often to grow as artists.  She also encourages her readers to blog and sell their work on-line.

Watercolor sketch
of the same topic
I have not finished the book yet, but I can tell it is starting to help get me moving again with my art because I created two small paintings today.  I am calling each "Winter Pears on Silvered Platter" because they are of the same topic.  The pieces aren't identical, however.  One is a watercolor and ink sketch on paper.  The other one is an 10 x 8" oil on canvas.  If you look closely, you'll notice I changed the composition in the oil painting and added directional lighting to add dimension and interest to the piece.

         It felt good to feel more productive again. That doesn't mean it is not scary to do the second type of activity Marine recommends: blogging about, and posting the work for sale on-line.  Wish me luck as I post the oil on dailypaintworks.com and offer it for sale at auction.  Eek!

       If this piece interests you, check out my auction in my dailypaintworks.com gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.